"I did not have sexual relations with that woman", "It depends on what the meaning of the word 'is' is" - President Bill Clinton denies he had "sexual relations" with former White House intern Monica Lewinsky, but later admits it.
MP3s are created for the first time in 1998.
Legendary crooner Frank Sinatra dies of a heart attack at age 82.
An estimated 76 million viewers watch the last episode of Seinfeld.
Jesse "The Body" Ventura was elected Governer of Minnesota.
Popular Movies in 1998 include Saving Private Ryan, Armageddon, There's Something About Mary, A Bug's Life, The Waterboy.
George Michael was arrested in 1998 for "engaging in a lewd act" in a public restroom in a Beverly Hills, CA park.
Mark McGwire hits 70 Home Runs breaking the record set by Roger Maris.
Sonny Bono died of injuries sustained when he hit a tree while skiing on the Nevada.
The FDA approves the male impotence drug Viagra.
Windows 98 is released by Microsoft.
Gillette introduced the Mach3 razor, the first triple-blade shaving tool.
* The Boy Is Mine - Brandy and Monica
* Too Close - Next
* You're Still The One - Shania Twain
* Truly Madly Deeply - Savage Garden
* How Do I Live - LeAnn Rimes
* Together Again - Janet
* All My Life - K-Ci and JoJo
* Nice and Slow - Usher
* I Don't Want To Wait - Paula Cole
* How's It Going To Be - Third Eye Blind
* No, No, No - Destiny's Child
* My Heart Will Go On - Celine Dion
* Gettin' Jiggy Wit It - Will Smith
* You Make Me Wanna... - Usher
* The First Night - Monica
* Been Around The World - Puff Daddy and The Family
* Adia - Sarah McLachlan
* Crush - Jennifer Paige
* Don't Want To Miss A Thing - Aerosmith