Freddie Mercury, lead singer of the band Queen, issues a public statement confirming that he is stricken with AIDS, and the next day he dies of complications.
Paul 'Pee Wee Herman' Reubens was caught in adult theater doing an inappropriate public act.
Jeffrey Dahmer is arrested after the remains of 11 men and boys are found in his Milwaukee, Wisconsin apartment.
Following the Iraq invasion Kuwait A United Nations Coalition Force including USA, Arab and European countries Bombs Iraq Forces in Kuwait and force Iraq Forces out of Kuwait and back to Iraq.
Seattle band Nirvana releases the song "Smells Like Teen Spirit" on the LP Nevermind and enjoys national success. With Nirvana's hit comes the grunge movement.
Popular Movies in 1990 include The Silence of the Lambs, Beauty and the Beast, JFK, Thelma & Louise.
It became a lot easier for many to quit smoking when Nicoderm CQ's nicotine patch was approved by the FDA.
Liz Taylor married hubby # 7, Larry Fortensky, at Michael Jackson's Neverland Ranch. They met in a rehab center.
Mike Tyson is arrested and charged with raping Desiree Washington.
The few, the proud, the Marines" - United States Marine Corp ad.
"Hasta La Vista Baby" - Arnold Schwarzenegger, in 'The Terminator 2: Judgement Day'.
* (Everything I Do) I Do It for You - Bryan Adams
* Gonna Make You Sweat (Everybody Dance Now) - C+C Music Factory
* Rush Rush - Paula Abdul
* Unbelievable - EMF
* More Than Words - Extreme
* I Like the Way (The Kissing Game) - Kissing Game
* The First Time - Surface
* Baby, Baby - Amy Grant
* Motownphilly - Boyz II Men
* Someday - Mariah Carey
* High Enough - Damn Yankees
* From a Distance - Bette Midler
* Right Here, Right Now - Jesus Jones
* Justify My Love - Madonna
* Joyride - Roxette
* Romantic - Karyn White
* Hold You Tight - Tara Kemp
* You're in Love - Wilson Phillips
* Losing My Religion - R.E.M.