World Wide Web/Internet protocol (HTTP) and WWW language (HTML) created by Tim Berners-Lee.
President Bush signs the Clean Air Act, mandating a variety of pollution-reducing changes in the automobile and fuel industries.
The Simpsons debuts on Fox and becomes an instant hit.
I've fallen and I can't get up" - Mrs. Fletcher in a Lifecall commercial.
Really cool people were wearing parachute pants, just like M.C. Hammer. Can't touch that.
Popular Movies in 1990: Dances with Wolves, GoodFellas, Henry and June, Reversal of Fortune, Kindergarten Cop, Home Alone.
East and West Germany are reunited (Aug. 31).
Rob and Fabrice, better known as Milli Vanilli, have to return their "Best New Artist" Grammy because they didn't sing on their hit album.
Stevie Ray Vaughan was killed in an airplane crash.
Chuck Berry was accused and sued by several women who claimed that he had installed a video camera in the ladies' bathrooms at two of his St. Louis restaurants.
The First in car GPS Satellite Navigation System goes on sale from Pioneer.
Following the Iraq invasion of Kuwait on August 2nd, Desert Shield Begins as the United States and UK send troops to Kuwait.
Soviet Union leader Mikhail Gorbachev is awarded the Nobel Peace Prize for his efforts to lessen Cold War tensions and reform his nation.
* Hold On - Wilson Phillips
* Nothing Compares 2 U - Sinead O'Connor
* Poison - Bell Biv Devoe
* Vogue - Madonna
* Vision of Love - Mariah Carey
* Another Day in Paradise - Phil Collins
* Hold On - En Vogue
* Cradle of Love - Billy Idol
* Blaze of Glory - Jon Bon Jovi
* Do Me! - Bell Biv Devoe
* How Am I Supposed to Live Without You - Michael Bolton
* Pump Up The Jam - Technotronic
* Escapade - Janet Jackson
* All I Wanna Do Is Make Love to You - Heart
* Black Velvet - Alannah Myles
* All Around the World - Lisa Stansfield
* I Wanna Be Rich - Calloway
* Rub You the Right Way - Johnny Gill
* If Wishes Came True - Sweet Sensation