Kick back and enjoy popular radio hits of 1974.
* Mama Cass died from an obesity related heart attack.
* You won't have Dick Nixon to kick around anymore - words from resigning President Richard Nixon.
* Patty Hearst, heiress to the Hearst Newspaper group, was kidnapped by the Symbionese Liberation Army, later joining the group in a bank heist.
* Liposuction invented by Giorgio Fischer in Rome, Italy.
* While David Niven was at the Oscars podium, live on national television, a streaker (Robert Opal) ran by. David quippped - Isn't it fascinating to think that the only laugh that man will ever get is for stripping and showing his shortcomings -.
* Patti Smith releases what is considered to be the first punk rock single, -Hey Joe-.
* After several decades of deciding how to do it, in June, the first U.P.C. scanner was installed at a Marsh's supermarket in Troy, Ohio. The first product to have a bar code included was a packet of Wrigley's Gum.
* Streaking, (Running naked in public), was the fad.
* The national speed limit in the USA was lowered to 55 miles per hour.
* Time In A Bottle - Jim Croce
* The Joker - Steve Miller Band
* You're Sixteen - Ringo Starr
* Seasons In The Sun - Terry Jacks
* Dark Lady - Cher
* Hooked On A Feeling - Blue Swede
* Bennie And The Jets - Elton John
* Rambling Man - Allman Brothers
* Rock Your Baby - George McRae
* I Shot The Sheriff - Eric Clapton
* Sweet Home Alabama - Lynyrd Skynyrd
* Rock Me Gently - Andy Kim
* Angie Baby - Helen Reddy
* Waterloo - ABBA
* Smoking In The Boys Room - Brownsville Station
* The Loco-Motion - Grand Funk
* Rock On - David Essex
* Mocking Bird - Carly Simon - James Taylor
* Sundown - Gordon Lightfoot
Take a trip down memory lane on the way back button above or browse the 70's below.1970197119721973197419751976197719781979
Browse and listen to top radio hits of several favorite artists below.Oldies 12 Packs