Kick back and enjoy popular radio hits of 1973.
* Jim Croce and four others died in 1973 after their Beechcraft plane crashes in Louisiana. Croce had just performed at Northwestern State and was flying to Austin for another concert.
* Secretariat became the first U.S. Triple Crown champion in 25 years, setting new race records in two of the three events, the Kentucky Derby, and the Belmont Stakes. Both records still stand today.
* At the Academy Awards, Sacheen Littlefeather stands in for Marlon Brando and refuses his Best Actor Oscar for his role in The Godfather, to protest the U.S. government's treatment of Native Americans.
* Air Bags were first used by the public in the Oldsmobile Toronado.
* A ceasefire is signed, ending involvement of American ground troops in the Vietnam War.
* World Trade Center in New York becomes the tallest building in the world.
* Watergate Hearings begin in the United States Senate and President Richard Nixon tells the nation , I am not a crook.
* The soft drink 7Up is now called "The Uncola".
* You're So Vain - Carly Simon
* Crocodile Rock - Elton John
* Venus - The Shocking Blue
* Love Train - The O'Jays
* The Night The Lights Went Out In Georgia - Vicky Lawrence
* Frakenstein - Edgar Winter Group
* My Love - Paul McCartney And Wings
* Bad, Bad Leroy Brown - Jim Croce
* Brother Louie - The Stories
* Lets Get It On - Marvin Gaye
* Delta Dawn - Helen Reddy
* We're An American Band - Grand Funk
* Angie - Rolling Stones
* Halfbreed - Cher
* Midnight Train To Georgia - Gladys Knight & The Pips
* Top Of The World - Carpenters
* The Most Beautiful Girl - Charlie Rich
* Tie A Yellow Ribbon - Tony Orlando & Dawn.
* Drift Away - Doby Gray
Take a trip down memory lane on the way back button above or browse the 70's below.1970197119721973197419751976197719781979
Browse and listen to top radio hits of several favorite artists below.Oldies 12 Packs
Neil Patrick Harris