Kick back and enjoy popular radio hits of 1972.
* David Bowie first introduced his glorious alter ego Ziggy Stardust in 1972.
* The band ABBA was formed in 1972.
* Jane Fonda visited North Vietnam, supporting the communist side of the war, earning the nickname "Hanoi Jane".
* Women dominate the 1972 Grammy Awards, taking all four top categories. Carole King won Record, Album and Song of the Year, while Carly Simon takes the Best New Artist award.
* On June 17, 1972, agents of the Richard Nixon White House and the Nixon reelection campaign were arrested while breaking into the office of the Democratic National Committee (DNC), which at the time was located in Washington D.C.'s Watergate Complex.
* Gov. George C. Wallace of Alabama is shot by Arthur H. Bremer at Laurel, Md., political rally (May 15).
* In fashion maxi dresses, mini skirts, knee socks and patterns happened in a big way.
* Bill Cosby spoke to kids about drugs... And won a Grammy for it.
* New wave band Devo formed in 1972, although they wouldn't come up with a big hit until 1980.
* Joy To The World - Three Dog Night
* American Pie - Don McLean
* Without You - Nilsson
* Heart Of Gold - Neil Young
* Candy Man - Sammy Davis Jr.
* Song Sung Blue - Neil Diamond
* Lean On Me - Bill Withers
* Alone Again (Naturally) - Gilbert O'Sullivan
* Brandy - Looking Glass
* Baby, Don't Get Hooked On Me - Mac Davis
* My Din-A-Ling - Chuck Berry
* I Can See Clearly Now - Johnny Nash
* Papa Was A Rolling Stone - Temptations
* Black & White - Three Dog Night
* Smoke On The Water - Deep Purple
* School's Out - Alice Cooper
* Morning Has Broken - Cat Stevens
* Superstition - Stevie Wonder
* Saturday In The Park - Chicago
Take a trip down memory lane on the way back button above or browse the 70's below.1970197119721973197419751976197719781979
Browse and listen to top radio hits of several favorite artists below.Oldies 12 Packs
Dwayne Johnson (The Rock)