Kick back and enjoy popular radio hits of 1971.
* Jim Morrison dies in Paris at age 27. He is presumed to have died from a heroin overdose, but as no autopsy was performed, his death was ruled as heart failure. .
* The Allman Brothers' Duane Allman dies in a motorcycle accident at age 24.
* The infamous Ed Sullivan show aired it last episode in the United States in 1971.
* Queen and the Eagles were formed in 1971.
* Apollo 14 landed on the moon in 1971.
* Charles Manson and three of his followers were convicted of killing Sharon Tate and six others.
* In April 1971 500,000 people in Washington DC and 125,000 people in San Fransisco marched to protest against the Vietnam War. In the same year The Harris Poll claimed that 60% of Americans were against the war.
* Time Magazine's Man Of The Year was Richard Nixon.
* The Twenty-sixth Amendment to the US Constitution lowers the voting age to 18.
* Joy To The World - Three Dog Night
* Maggie May - Rod Stewart
* It's Too Late - Carole King
* One Bad Apple - The Osmonds
* How Can You Mend A Broken Heart - Bee Gees
* Indian Reservation - Raiders
* Take Me Home, Country Roads - John Denver
* Knock Three Times - Dawn
* Me And Bobby McGee - Janis Joplin
* Brown Sugar - Rolling Stones
* You've Got A Friend - James Taylor
* Do You Know What I Mean - Lee Michaels
* What's Going On - Marvin Gaye
* Ain't No Sunshine - Bill Withers
* Signs - Five Man Electrical Band
* Superstar - Carpenters
* Chick-A-Boom (Don't Ya Jes' Love It) - Daddy Dewdrop
* Gypsy, Tramps And Thieves - Cher
* Mr. Bojangles - Nitty Gritty Dirt Band.
Take a trip down memory lane on the way back button above or browse the 70's below.1970197119721973197419751976197719781979
Browse and listen to top radio hits of several favorite artists below.Oldies 12 Packs
Mary J. Blige