* Jimi Hendrix died on September 18, 1970, choking on his own vomit which was determined to be drug realated.
* Rock Star Janis Joplin died On Oct. 4 1970 in her Hollywood apartment from a heroin overdose.
*The Beatles break up and by the end of 1970, each member had released a solo album.
*Monday Night Football debuts on ABC, with Howard Cosell, Frank Gifford, and Don Meredith giving play-by-play.
*Bar codes (computer-scanned binary signal code) are introduced for retail and industrial use in England.
*Midnight Cowboy wins the Best Picture Oscar, the first and only time an X-rated movie received the honor.
*Project Bluebook was the U.S. government's study on UFOs from 1952 through 1970. A 14 part report was issued, but chapter 13 was mysteriously missing and it still is.
*Krazy Glue was introduced in 1970. The main ingredient, cyanoacrylate, was discovered in 1942 by Harry Coover while working for Kodak.
Won't Play?Mobile Browsers
* Someday We'll Be Together - Diana Ross & The Supremes
* Raindrops Keep Fallin' On My Head - B. J. Thomas
* I Want You Back - The Jackson 5
* Venus - The Shocking Blue
* Bridge Over Troubled Water – Simon & Garfunkel
* Let It Be – The Beatles
* ABC – The Jackson 5
* American Woman - The Guess Who
* Everything Is Beautiful - Ray Stevens
* Mama Told Me (Not To Come) - Three Dog Night
* (They Long To Be) Close To You - The Carpenters
* Make It With You - Bread
* War - Edwin Starr
* Ain't No Mountain High Enough - Diana Ross
* Cracklin' Rosie - Neil Diamond
* I'll Be There - The Jackson 5
* I Think I Love You - The Partridge Family
* The Tears of a Clown - Smokey Robinson & The Miracles
* My Sweet Lord - George Harrison.
Take a trip down memory lane on the way back button above.
Rob Van Dam