Kick back and enjoy popular radio hits of 1970.
* Jimi Hendrix died on September 18, 1970, choking on his own vomit which was determined to be drug realated.
* Rock Star Janis Joplin died On Oct. 4 1970 in her Hollywood apartment from a heroin overdose.
*The Beatles break up and by the end of 1970, each member had released a solo album.
*Monday Night Football debuts on ABC, with Howard Cosell, Frank Gifford, and Don Meredith giving play-by-play.
*Bar codes (computer-scanned binary signal code) are introduced for retail and industrial use in England.
*Midnight Cowboy wins the Best Picture Oscar, the first and only time an X-rated movie received the honor.
*Project Bluebook was the U.S. government's study on UFOs from 1952 through 1970. A 14 part report was issued, but chapter 13 was mysteriously missing and it still is.
*Krazy Glue was introduced in 1970. The main ingredient, cyanoacrylate, was discovered in 1942 by Harry Coover while working for Kodak.
* Someday We'll Be Together - Diana Ross & The Supremes
* Raindrops Keep Fallin' On My Head - B. J. Thomas
* I Want You Back - The Jackson 5
* Venus - The Shocking Blue
* Bridge Over Troubled Water – Simon & Garfunkel
* Let It Be – The Beatles
* ABC – The Jackson 5
* American Woman - The Guess Who
* Everything Is Beautiful - Ray Stevens
* Mama Told Me (Not To Come) - Three Dog Night
* (They Long To Be) Close To You - The Carpenters
* Make It With You - Bread
* War - Edwin Starr
* Ain't No Mountain High Enough - Diana Ross
* Cracklin' Rosie - Neil Diamond
* I'll Be There - The Jackson 5
* I Think I Love You - The Partridge Family
* The Tears of a Clown - Smokey Robinson & The Miracles
* My Sweet Lord - George Harrison.
Take a trip down memory lane on the way back button above or browse the 70's below.1970197119721973197419751976197719781979
Browse and listen to top radio hits of several favorite artists below.Oldies 12 Packs
Rob Van Dam