Kick back and enjoy popular radio hits of 1967.
* In June of 1967 the Monterey International Pop Festival opens in California and is attended by over 200,000. Featured are Janis Joplin, the Jefferson Airplane, the Greatful Dead, Jimi Hendrix, the Who, Otis Redding with many others.
* The Doors earned a lifetime ban from the Ed Sullivan show after agreeing to censor the lyrics to their hit "Light My Fire," but ended up singing the original lyrics anyway.
* Anti-Vietnam War protest. 400,000 march from Central Park to the UN with Speeches by Martin Luther King, Stokely Carmichael and Dr. Benjamin Spock.
* Otis Redding joins the many music stars who die in airplanes. He and six others die when their plane crashes into Lake Monona in Wisconsin.
* President Johnson announces his plan for a lottery for conscription into the military- 'The Draft'.
* Boxing champion Muhammad Ali has refused induction into the Army and is stripped of his boxing title and is later indicted for refusing induction into the U.S. Army.
* In 1967 there is 'race rioting' in several major cities throughout the United States resulting in many deaths and injuries.
* The AFL - NFL World Championship Game which later was called Super Bowl I was played with the Green Bay Packers defeating the Kansas City Chiefs 35 to 10.
* Abbie Hoffman, Jerry Rubin, Paul Krassner, Dick Gregory and friends pronounce themselves "Yippies" members of the Youth International Party. Rubin believes that pot smoking is going to end the war in Vietnam.
* Light My Fire - Doors
* Windy - The Association
* Happy Together - Turtles
* The Letter - Box Tops
* Incense And Peppermints - Strawberry Alarm Clock
* Groovin' - Young Rascals
* R-E-S-P-E-C-T - Aretha Franklin
* Never My Love - The Association
* Brown Eyed Girl - Van Morrison
* I Was Made To Love Her - Stevie Wonder
* Sweet Soul Music - Arthur Conley
* To Sir With Love - Lulu
* Up, Up and Away - Fifth Dimension
* For What It's Worth - Buffalo Springfield
* Get Together - Youngbloods
* A Whiter Shade Of Pale - Procol Harum
* San Francisco - Scott MacKenzie
* Gimme Some Lovin' - Spencer Davis Group
* Little Bit O' Soul - The Music Explosion
Take a trip down memory lane on the way back button above or browse the 60's below.1960196119621963196419651966196719681969
Browse and listen to top radio hits of several favorite artists below.Oldies 12 Packs
Anna Nicole Smith